In an encounter that could well decide the fate of who are Chelsea’s challengers to the EPL crown, former champions Manchester City take on a red hot Southampton side at the latter’s fortress of St Mary’s.
Southampton vs Manchester City
Venue – St Mary’s Stadium
Date – 30th November 2014
Time – 1:30 p.m. GMT; 8:30 a.m. ET; 7:00 PM IST
Live Streaming Information: Sky Go (UK, subscription required), NBC Sports Live Extra (US); Star Sports (India)
TV Info: Sky Sports 1 (UK), NBC Sports Network (US); Star sports 3(India)
Chelsea uncharacteristically dropped two points against Sunderland with a tame 0-0 draw on Saturday and that could well trigger both sides to go for the win trying to cut down the Blue’s lead at the summit of the table. A win for the Saints will leave them 5 points clear off their rivals and loss would allow the Citizens to leapfrog them into second position.
Both sides were hit with injury blows to major players. However that will not pull away the sting from the match as it indeed promises to be a cracker of a contest that promises some beautiful football. The game is keenly expected to be contested in midfield with both sides boasting of a quality midfield regiment.
Manchester City- WLWDW
Key factors in the match
• City will be boosted by their impressive 3-2 win over Bayern Munich in midweek and will look to carry the same momentum against the Saints.
• The return of stalwarts Yaya Toure and Fernandinho back to the City lineup will only up the morale of the side after the duo was suspended for their midweek champion’s league clash.
• St Mary’s has been Southampton’s hunting ground so far and the saints have taken 16 points from a possible 18 available.
• Their defensive record has been impressive at the same venue as well, conceding just one goal in their last six encounters.
• Pelle and Aguero have been the hero’s so far for their sides respectively and the striker vs striker battle will indeed be a mouthwatering affair to look forward to.
Mirror UK – 0-1 to City
Telegraph – 1-1
BBC – 0-2 to CIty