China mobile maker OnePlus has skipped the OxygenOS 3.2.0 version of its Android skin and after a brief delay, rolled out its OxygenOS 3.2.1 version for the OnePlus 3 smartphone with additional updates and improvements to its previous version.
OnePlus 3’s OTA firmware update, OxygenOS 3.2.0 was actually released earlier but was shelved after finding major issues in it by the users. Later, OnePlus decided to skip the 3.2.0 version entirely and instead, rolled out the 3.2.1 version that has made the fixes to the previously found major issues.
Those who have already updated to OxygenOS 3.2.0 will now get the latest version of over the air update which is 15MB in size. This version fixes some notification issues and the SIM recognition problem detected in the earlier version, said a company statement. Even if they have not updated yet, they will directly get the OxygenOS 3.2.1 update, skipping the 3.2.0 now.
The new features of the Oxygen OS 3.2.1 version include sRGB display mode, more RAM, better GPS performance, enhanced audio playback, camera quality and functionality, besides installing the latest Android patches released by Google, and bug fixes like gallery issues, music apps and notifications.
The latest OnePlus 3 was released in India last month priced at Rs.27,999 and it sported a 6GB RAM and runs on Android Marshmallow. Other specs include:
- 16MP primary camera (f/2.0 Aperture, 1.12 µm Pixels) with high speed autofocus technology (PDAF), Electronic (EIS) and Optical (OIS) stabilization technologies and 8MP front facing camera,Corning’s Gorilla Glass 4
- 13.97 centimeters (5.5-inch) Optic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with full HD (401 ppi) 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution; ceramic-coated fingerprint Scanner (<0.2 seconds)
- OxygenOS based on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 operating system with 2.2GHz + 1.6GHz Kryo Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core processor, 14nm FinFET technology, Adreno 530 GPU, 6GB LPDDR4 RAM, 64GB internal memory (UFS 2.0 Flash Storage) and dual nano-SIM dual-standby (4G+4G) with NFC enabled and reversible type-C connector
- 3,000 mAh lithium-polymer battery (non-removable) powered by state-of-the-art Dash Charge technology (replenish over 60% of the battery within 30 minutes)
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for device and 6 months manufacturer warranty for in-box accessories including batteries from the date of purchase.
|OS||OxygenOS based on Android Marshmallow|
|Item Weight||159 g|
|Product Dimensions||15.3 x 0.7 x 7.5 cm|
|Wireless communication technologies||Bluetooth, WiFi Hotspot|
|Connectivity technologies||GSM, (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), WiFi|
|Special features||Dual SIM, GPS, Music Player, Video Player, Fingerprint sensor, Hall sensor, Accelerometor, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, eCompass, E-mail|
|Other camera features||8MP|
|Form factor||Touchscreen Phone|
|Battery Power Rating||3000|
|Whats in the box||OnePlus 3, Screen Protector (pre-applied), Dash Charge Type-C Cable, Dash Charge Adapter, SIM Tray Ejector and Quick Start Guide|