After weeks of speculation that Google might kill Nexus series to make way for a new line of product called Android Silver, the much-awaited smartphone dubbed as Nexus 6 may see the light of the day soon. The new device is expected to be unveiled in October while the release date may fall in November.
Media reports claimed that the Nexus 6 might be unveiled by the end of October before releasing a few weeks later but it’s mere speculation, as Google is yet to announced it. The most credible source of information on the release of the device so far is revelation made by VP at Google, Sundar Pichai, who said at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the search giant might announce a new device in October. He didn’t mention the device but experts think that he was referring to Nexus 6.
The Nexus 6 many have several impressive upgrades over Nexus 5, and here are a few of them:
1) Operating System: Google is expected to introduce Android L software in its upcoming device. However, Nexus 5 run on Android v4.4 KitKat OS, whoch can be upgraded to the latest Android v4.4.4 KitKat.
2) Screen: Nexus 5 sports a 4.95-inch display with 1080 x 1920 pixels (445 ppi pixel density) while its successor may boast of a 5.2-inch full HD screen with 1080×1920 pixels resolution. Interestingly, picture quality of Nexus 5 will be better than its successor as it has bigger display.
3) Design: Nexus is expected to come with several new features, including a curved LCD display. It may have a lightweight and polycarbonate body.
4) Processor: Nexus 5 has Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor but a report by G4Games has claimed that Nexus 6 will be powered by either Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip or octa-core MT6752 SoC.
5) Camera: Nexus 6 may house a 13MP camera or even a 20MP, according to media reports. It will be big upgrade, as Nexus 5 has only an 8MP camera.
6) Memory: Nexus 5 came packed with 16/32 GB internal memory and 2GB RAM but its successor is expected to have 32 GB internal memory with 3GB RAM.
7) Battery: Nexus 5 has a Li-Po 2300 mAh battery but its successor is expected to have a 3100 mAh Li-Polymer battery.