As of now, Ola and Uber Cabs will ply as usual and Ola Cab No: 080-33553355
A pro-Kannada organization, Kannada Okkoota has called for a state-wide bandh on Saturday, September 26 to pressurize the state and Union government demanding implementation of the Kalasa-Banduri Nala and Mekedatu Dam projects to improve the drinking water situation in the state.
The bandh is expected to affect normal life as the 12-hour bandh, from 6 am to 6 pm, will keep BMTC and KSRTC buses and autos off roads and all organizations are joining the strike.
“We have declared a bandh from 6 am to 6 pm. What we are asking for is this: implementation of the Kalasa-Banduri project, linking the Mahadayi river, development of Uttara Karnataka, and finally, that farmers loans be waived,”Kannada Okkuta President Vatal Nagaraj told Citizen Matters.
The bandh has been supported by 1,080 associations, including All India Motor Transport Congress, Dr Raj Kumar Fans Association led by Sa Ra Govindu, Karnataka State Light Medium Goods Truck Owners Association, among others.
BMTC and KSRTC , the state-owned road transport and Bangalore tourist taxi owners’ are also among the several other organizations that have extended their support to tomorrow’s bandh.
Political party Janata Dal (S) said it will also extend support for the bandh and will participate in the peaceful protest.
The pro-Kannada organization will be holding a silent protest march from Town Hall circle to Freedom Park, and they will meet state Chief Minister Siddaramaiah and hand over a memorandum of their demands.
Here is a glance at what will be affected on Saturday Sept. 26 Bandh in Karnatka:
- No BMTC and KSRTC buses, even day time long route buses. BMTC and KSRTC buses are state-owned but still they have extended their full support for the bandh.
- Banks will anyway remain closed as tomorrow is the fourth Saturday as under the Reserve Bank of India’s policy, the second and fourth Saturday of the month are holidays for banks.
- Schools and Colleges will remain closed on tomorrow’s bandh. Official statement is yet to be made but many schools have decided and intimated parents about the closure.
- Auto-rickshaws will be off roads as this is Karnataka Bandh and the regional sentiments will affect the bandh. Auto is widely used in Bangalore, which will be a major setback for the common people tomorrow.
- Taxi / Cabs are also off roads tomorrow as the Cab associations have already decided to support the bandh but remember that some Ola or Uber cabs may ply as ususal. For Ola cabs call: For Uber cab call:
- Many Restaurants to remain closed and vegetable vendors have also extended their support.
- No official information about trains but there may be protests tomorrow in front of some trains, if they choose Rail Roko program.