The release date of Apple’s upcoming flagship smartphone, the iPhone 6 is not far away but fans have been kept in the dark on the product like in the past. Interestingly, the company’s secrecy has given more room for speculations, and now almost every little of the device made it to the media.
The 4.7-inch model of iPhone 6 may have several upgrades over iPhone 5s but fans will not be happy with just miniature changes.
Here are five features users and prospectus buyers may want in the iPhone 6:
1) Better Battery Life: One thing that iPhone users have been complaining about all these years is short battery life of Apple product. Many complained that their device hardly lasts a day, which they consider a serious issue. According to a report by G4Games (via Weibo), the 4.7-inch model of iPhone 6 will have a 2,100 mAh battery, an upgrade from 1,800 mAh seen in iPhone 5S. However, users may still want more powerful one, as it is not on par with its rivals like Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 etc.
2) Design: Apple Inc. is yet to give major change to the design of its iPhone series. There are reports that the upcoming smartphone will be ultra thin and slim but that may not be enough to please the ever demanding users, as many want an iPhone with a new look.
3) Camera: One of the features that Apple’s products lag behind its competitors is camera. It is reported that iPhone 6 will have 8MP camera with several upgrades, including flash and Optical Image Stabilization but prospective buyers may want an upgrade, as products like Samsung Galaxy S5 has 16MP camera.
4) Memory: iPhone 5s has 1GB RAM but most of its rivals house 2GB RAM. Apple fans will want same memory seen in other smartphones.
5) MicroSD Card Slot: Apple may release variants with more internal memory but it is very unlikely to introduce microSD card slot in its devices. However, users will be happy if the upcoming device has a microSD card slot.
According to media reports, Apple Inc. will launch two models of iPhone 6 with 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch display. KDB Daewoo Securities had earlier reported that the smaller variant may have a 1920x1080p (440ppi) resolution while the larger one boast of a 2272×1280 (510ppi) resolution.
The iPhone 6 is expected to have a 20-nanometer A8 chip (64-bit) processor and run on the recently launched iOS 8 operating system.
The Cupertino giant is yet to announce the release date of iPhone 6 but several reports claimed that it will happen next month. ApfelPage claimed that the unveiling event will take place on 19 September but a recent report by MacRumors said that it will be announced on 16 September before launching on 14 October.
(Image Credit: Screenshot from Marques Brownlee’s YouTube Video)