Many Apple fans must have run out of patience with the major handset makers not revealing any information about its upcoming flagship smartphone iPhone 6 despite its release date drawing near. But the company’s silence hasn’t stopped tipsters from leaking key information about the device.
Here are 10 things gadget lovers and prospective buyers will want to know about iPhone 6:
1) Release Date: Apple Inc. has scheduled a media event on 9 September, giving a very strong hint that its next-generation smartphone will be announced at the event before releasing it into the market a few days later. Reports suggested that the company may start shipping its new device just a few days after unveiling.
2) Pre-orders: Prospective buyers of the new iPhone will be looking forward to grab the smartphone as early as possible but they have to book it in advance for that. It is reported that Apple Inc. will open pre-orders of iPhone 6 on 12 September, a day after launching its latest software, iOS 8.
3) Availability: Like in the past, Apple Inc. is expected to release its flagship smartphone first in United States, United Kingdom, Canada, China, France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, and Singapore before shipping to other countries a little later.
4) Carriers: The iPhone 6 is expected to come to major U.S. carriers like Verizon, AT&T, Bluegrass Wireless, Sprint, U.S. Cellular, Cricket, C Spire, and T-Mobile.
5) Price: The Cupertino giant has not revealed the price of its upcoming device but a report by TechRadar said that the 4.7-inch model of iPhone 6 might start at £500 ($858) for 32GB variant and £563 ($966) for the 5.5-inch variant, claiming the prices of both the iPhone 6 models are “based on Chinese prices, so won’t account for local taxes.”
Reports have it that the Cupertino giant will release two iPhone 6 models, a 4.7-inch and a 5.5-inch screen. The smaller display model is expected to come with a 1920x1080p (440ppi) resolution and the larger model a 2272×1280 (510ppi) pixels. A 20-nanometer A8 chip (64-bit) processor is expected to power both the variants and iOS 8 will be introduced in the device. It is also reported that it will come packed with 32/64/128 GB internal memory and 1GB RAM, and house an 8MP camera with flash and Optical Image Stabilization.
The device is also expected to come with features like NFC, metal casing, low temperature polysilicon in-cell touch panels, Touch ID fingerprint security, and sensors that detect pressure, temperature and humidity.