IIT-JEE Advanced exam results for 2014 were declared on Thursday morning as expected by the IIT-Kharaghpur, which is the nodal agency conducting the exams.
Candidates can check their results and rank online at the website: http://jeeadv.iitd.ac.in/
The candidates can enter their roll number to get the scores. Once the candidates are sure of their eligibility based on their rank for admissions to undergraduate courses at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) of Bhubaneswar, Bombay, Delhi, Gandhinagar, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras, Mandi, Patna, Roorkee, Ropar and Varanasi, besides the ISM Dhanbad, they can proceed further to apply online.
The next process is to fill out the online form mentioning their choice for various courses from June 20 onwards to June 25, 2014.
— First, the candidate has to register online his or her choice at the filling portal.
— Then fill up choices for various undergraduate programmes and then make online payment of partial admission fee, if allotted a seat.
— Next, accept the intimation once the seat is allotted and upload the relevant documents. On July 1 and July 7, first and second seat allocation will be announced respectively.
In all, 9,784 seats are available as below:
IIT BHUBANESWAR: 180 seats
IIT BOMBAY: 880 seats
IIT MANDI: 120 seats
IIT DELHI: 851 seats
IIT INDORE: 120 seats
IIT KHARAGPUR: 1341 seats
IIT HYDERABAD: 220 seats
IIT JODHPUR: 160 seats
IIT KANPUR: 827 seats
IIT MADRAS: 838 seats
IIT GANDHINAGAR: 150 seats
IIT PATNA: 200 seats
IIT ROORKEE: 1065 seats
IIT ROPAR: 120 seats
IIT (BHU) Varanasi: 1090 seats
IIT GUWAHATI: 660 seats
ISM DHANBAD: 962 seats
Here is a look at the courses and seats offered by the JEE Advanced 2014 participating institutes i.e. IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
A total of 9,784 seats are available across the various IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
1. Aerospace Engineering: 62 seats
2. Chemical Engineering: 124 seats
3. Civil Engineering: 117 seats
4. Computer Science and Engineering: 87 seats
5. Electrical Engineering: 60 seats
6. Engineering Physics: 30 seats
7. Mechanical Engineering: 116 seats
8. Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science: 98 seats
9. Bachelor of Science-Chemistry: 32 seats
10. Electrical Engineering with M.Tech. in Communications and Signal Processing: 32 seats
11. Electrical Engineering with M.Tech. in Microelectronics: 32 seats
12. Energy Engineering with M.Tech. in Energy Systems Engineering: 30 seats
13. Engineering Physics with M.Tech. in Engineering Physics with specialisation in Nano Science: 12 seats
14. Mechanical Engineering with M.Tech. in Computer Integrated Manufacturing: 22 seats
15. Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science with M.Tech. in Ceramics and Composites: 13 seats
16. Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science with M.Tech. in Metallurgical Process Engineering: 13 seats