A moderate intensity earthquake jolted the Andaman islands on Friday, said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
“Earthquake measuring 5.1 on the Richter scale has hit Andaman region at 2.29 p.m.,” the IMD official told IANS.
The USGS shows the location as 135 KM southwest of Port Blair, headquarters of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- 2015-05-01 08:58:41 (UTC)
- 2015-05-01 14:28:41 (UTC+05:30) in your timezone
- 135km (84mi) SW of Port Blair, India
- 646km (401mi) NW of Sabang, Indonesia
- 677km (421mi) NNW of Banda Aceh, Indonesia
- 719km (447mi) SSW of Bogale, Burma
- 987km (613mi) WSW of Bangkok, Thailand.