- Venue: Estadio Monumental David Arellano
- Timing: 7.45 pm local time, 5.15 am IST, 1 am BST (British Standard Time)
- Where to watch: Viewers in India can watch the match live on Sony Kix with live streaming option available on Livsports.
- For those in the UK, the match will be telecasted live on Premier Sports with live streaming option available on Premier Player.
- US viewers can catch the live coverage on beIN Sports USA. The match can be live streamed on beIN Sports connect and Fubo TV.
- The African viewers can watch the match live on SuperSport3 Africa.
- Those in Peru and Brazil, the match will be telecasted live on TyC Sports Internacional and SporTV
Columbia is yet to open their scoreboard in this year’s Copa America after suffering a shock defeat to Venezuela in their last encounter.
José Salomón Rondón’s header at the 60th minute and goalkeeper Alain Baroja’s excellent skills helped Venezuela make history – defeating Columbia for the first time in Copa America history.
Columbia’s star and 2014 FIFA World Cup’s golden boot winner, James Rodriguez tried his luck to net at least an equalizer, but Baroja denied him every time. Juan Cuadrado and Edwin Cardona also edged closer to make it 1-1, but failed before Baroja.
José Pékerman has to find a way to grab a win or at least draw against Brazil on Thursday to make Columbia’s journey in the tournament easy. An almost certain elimination will be inevitable otherwise.
The match promises to be a thriller with both Brazil and Columbia, failing to perform at their best in their openers.
Brazil’s young captain, the 23-year-old Barcelona superstar, Neymar however is in amazing form. He not only scored a goal against Peru, but assisted one for Douglas Costa to snatch away a victory. He is certainly expected to make enormous contribution and lead his team to top the group.
Dunga who was criticized widely due to his ‘overly defensive’ style that cost Brazil the 2010 World Cup has sported a concerning defense squad in Brazil’s last match against Peru. He has hold onto his idea of getting more wins that playing Brazil style of football and that might be a concern going into Thursday’s match.
Brazil will also hope that Liverpool star, Philippe Coutinho gets fit to play on Thursday’s match after missing the opener due to an injury. He has been in fascinating form, shining in Brazil’s international friendlies against Honduras and Mexico.
Columbia is a team capable of producing counter attacks, and if they have learnt from their mistakes against Venezuela they will be looking to break Dunga’s strategy. And at this stage, an invincible form of football has to be shown which going by Dunga’s “squeezing wins” theory will not work.
Nevertheless, if Neymar continues to shine Brazil can let out a tiny sigh. However, if James Rodriguez who looked to have suffered an injury during his last match rises up to the occasion, Dunga’s side will have to ‘really’ squeeze the match out.
Owing to Brazil’s better experience and Neymar’s exquisite form, they can grab three more points. Columbia will certainly give them a hard time, but Brazil looks to get a victory.