It is confirmed that Spanish forward Fernando Torres will leave Stamford Bridge after weeks of speculation following his recent poor performance. He will join Italian club, AC Milan on a two-year loan.
“Chelsea Football Club and AC Milan have agreed terms for the two-year loan deal of Fernando Torres to the Italian club,” announced Chelsea in a statement on its official website. “The move is now subject to Fernando agreeing personal terms with AC Milan and passing a medical examination.”
The announcement came just a few hours after Jose Mourinho told media persons that Torres was not leaving Stamford Bridge.
Fernando Torres will now join Jeremy Menez, Keisuke Honda and others in AC Milan.
Meanwhile, it is reported that Chelsea might sign a replacement for Torres before the transfer window closes on Monday. Speculations are doing the rounds that the club is eyeing Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy but nothing is being finalized yet.
It was reported that Colombian star, Monaco might leave Monaco this summer and that Chelsea is one of the forerunners to sign him. The fact is Chelsea will not be the only club that is eager to sign the South American star if reports of Monaco’s willingness to loan him out for just €20 million turn out true. He will be a perfect replacement for Torres but his transfer is not yet confirmed.
Loic Remy, who almost joined Liverpool before the club opted for Mario Balotelli, was reportedly in talks with Chelsea for a possible transfer. But QPR boss Harry Redknapp recently told BBC that the club wants to keep him.
“I want to keep him, the chairman wants him to stay, and we hope that he does stay. When I looked at what he was going to go for to Liverpool, it was a fantastic buy for Liverpool at that money. So their loss is our gain I think,” BBC quoted Redknapp as saying.
Redknapp added that Remy can leave the club “as he has a buy-out clause in his contract” but think he wouldn’t leave at the eleventh hour.
“At the end of the day if he’s got a buy-out clause there’s very little you can do about it I would imagine,” continued Redknapp. “That would be the worst scenario. I don’t think he would want to do that either to us, he’s a good lad, he’s got a good relationship with the chairman.”
Remy, who moved from Marseille to QPRfor £8m last year, is said to be available for £8.5 million, which Chelsea might be willing to pay. However, it is not sure if he will leave his present club just a day before the close of the summer transfer window.
Meanwhile, Chelsea has signed five players this summer. The Blues have signed Filipe Luis and Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid, Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona, and Mario Signing from Hajduk Split besides resigning its old star Didier Drogba.
(Image Credit: Chelsea FC Official Site)