The death of Amanda Peterson, who died on July 5 was due to morphine overdose, which was accidental, said the latest autopsy and toxicology report.
Amanda acted in the 1987 romantic comedy “Can’t Buy Me Love” that was a big hit.
The report released by the Weld County Coroner’s Office said Peterson, 43, ingested a friend’s morphine medication for unspecified pain a week before her death, said a media reports.
The Greeley Tribune said the coroner’s office found high levels of Gabapentin which could have led to her death from respiratory depression because of a morphine overdose.
Peterson was prescribed multiple medications for lung and heart disease before her death, including Gabapentin after a recent hysterectomy.