Home » WORLD » Boko Haram leader says kidnapped girls married off, no ceasefire either

Boko Haram leader says kidnapped girls married off, no ceasefire either

Abubaker Shekau, the infamous leader of the Nigerian Boko Haram insurgents, in a new video replied to the months-old anxiety all over the world about the fate of the 200 abducted schoolgirls on Friday.

They are all married off to his sect members, obviously without the consent of the girls or their parents’ approval in a ghostly act that would shame the humanity.

The video has finally sealed off the fate of the abducted girls, whose parents were hoping that they would be released one day or the other once the negotiations with the terrorists somewhere in the Chad Republic turn fruitful.

The girls, who were abducted from Chibok town in Borno state on the night April 14-15, were not heard of except for Danladi Adamu, the man who claimed to be the scribe of the sect. Now reports say that even he was disowned by the sect.

A Xinhua reporter who watched the video in the country’s northeastern city of Maiduguri, said Adamu quoted Shekau as saying that there was no ceasefire deal with the Nigerian government either.

Last month, Nigeria’s defence chief Alex Badeh said that an agreement had been reached with the Boko Haram insurgents to end the hostilities and release the school girls and he said a directive was issued to the army to comply with the ceasefire agreement.

The Boko Haram, which seeks to enshrine the Islamic Sharia law in the Nigerian constitution, had also assured that the school girls and all other people in its captivity were alive. Now that the girls were married, little hope is there for the agreement and the government has apparently lost its precious time into believing that the ceasefire would end the hostage drama.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *