As the country is celebrating the festival for brothers in India called Bhai Duj or Bhai Dooj, which falls on the second day of Shukla Paksha of Kartika month in Hindu calendar.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has greeted the nation on the occasion of Bhai Duj saying, “Warm greetings on the auspicious occasion of Bhai Dooj, the festival celebrating the special bond between a sister and brother.”
On Bhai Dooj, sisters apply tika on their brothers’ forehead and pray for their long and happy life and the tradition is popular in the northern belt and Nepal. It is known as “Bhau-Beej” in Marathi, “Bhai Phota” in Bengali, and “Bhai Tika” in Nepalese language.
Here are some of the quotes and SMS messages to send on the occasion of Bhai Dooj:
1. Behan lagati tilak, phir mithai hain khilati, Bhai deta paise or behan hai muskurati, Bhai behan ka yeh rishta na pade kabhi lose, Mere pyare bhaiya mubarak ho aapko Bhai Dooj.
2. You are always my best friend, looking out for me, making sure the path I travelled on was smooth. Even if I searched
the world over, there cannot be a better brother than you. Happy Bhai Dooj.
3. Holi is colourful, Deewali is ‘light-ful’ and ‘brightful’, Bhai Dooj has made our relationship powerful. Wishing you a
happy Bhai Dooj.
4. To the outside world we all grow old, but we know each other as we always were. We know each other’s heart. We live
outside the touch of time. Happy Bhai Dooj
5. Brothers are like streetlights along the road, they don’t make istance any shorter but they light up the path and make
the walk worthwhile. Happy Bhai Dooj
6. You can understand the things I never said. You can understand the pain which is not visible to anyone. You are the
Best Brother…! Happy Bahi Dooj To You…!!
7. You were always my best friend, looking out for me, making sure, the path I travelled on was smooth. even if I searched the world over, there cannot be a better brother than you.
8. It leaves a smile on my face when I think of those trifling fights we had and suddenly used to make up. The memories may fade away with passing time but the love we share will only grow.
9. Khush kismat hoti hai wo bahan, Jiske sir par bhai ka haath hota hai, Har pareshaani mein uske saath hota hai, Ladna ghagadna fir pyaar se manana, Tabhi to is rishte mein itna pyaar hota hai.
10. Another fresh Bhai Dooj is here, Another year to live! To banish worry, doubt, and fear, To love and laugh and give!
Happy bhai dooj to my little brother.
11. Sisters are blossoms in the garden of life. Wish You Happy Bhai Dooj 2014
12. Bhaiya Dooj ka hai tyohar, Behen mange bhai se rupee hazar, Tilak laga ker mithai khila kar, Deti aashirwad khush raho har bar. Happy Bhai Duj 2014.
13. Your charming smile make my days. With your caring ways you become my second mother. Darling Sister what may come, I will always stand by you……..!!
14. Your love makes me feel proud. And on this day I want to shout it out loud. Happy Bhai Dooj my Brother…..!!
15. Behen chahe bhai ka pyaar, Nahi chahe mahnge uphar, Rishta atoot rahey sadiyon tak, Mile mere bhai ko khushiyan apar.
Happy Bhaiya Duj 2014.
16. Sister is someone who is caring and sharing. Sister can understand things you never said. She can understand pain which is not visible to anyone. I love my sister….
17. Sometimes being a brother, Is even better than being a superhero.
18. Brothers are like streetlights along the road, They don’t make distance any shorter but, They light up the path & make the walk worthwhile.
19. Bhai dooj ke iss paavan avsar par, Aapki har manokaamna poori ho, Aur wo har cheez aapke paas rahe, Jo aap ke liye jaroori ho……….!!!!
20. Sister you are like a fragrant rose. Sister you are the greatest gift of life. Sister you lift my spirit to newer heights. Sister you make me feel special always. Happy Bhaiya Dooj to my lovely sister.