Home » MOVIES » Bahubali Part 2 Production Starts in September; Box Office at Rs 435 Crore in 18 Days

Bahubali Part 2 Production Starts in September; Box Office at Rs 435 Crore in 18 Days

Baahubali_posterSS Rajamouli’s Mangum-opus “Bahubali- the Beginning” has become the third in the list of all-time highest grosser Indian films worldwide, breaking the life-time gross collection record of Shah Rukh Khan’s “Chennai Express” (₹423 crore), earning Rs 435 crore in just 18 days. This is the biggest business for a South Indian movie.

Now, lead actor Prabhas has confirmed that the part two named “Bahubali- the Conclusion” whose 40% of shoot was done along with the first part, will resume its shoot from 15th of September to finish the remainder 60% of it.

The actor said, “We all needed a break, and by the time of September everyone will be back from these holidays.” Earlier, the actor with some of his close friends went for a Europe trip. He returned last weekend to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with his uncle Krishnam Raju, who was a BJP minister earlier.

SS Rajamouli, who is the director of the movie Bahubali also went for a small vacation as he said in his tweet. The second part will be about how Shivudu (played by Prabhas) avenges the death of his father.

According to the sources, most of the combined scenes with the lead actors have been completed. Some battle portion and some other important sequences are left to shoot. The second edition of the film “Bahubali – The Conclusion” will be released in second quarter of 2016.

Otherwise, taking into account all the overseas markets, “Baahubali”  has raked in over Rs 430 crore in its box office collections worldwide since its release on July 10 in Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi.

Film Trade Analyst, Taran Adarsh, who continuosly followed the ups-and-downs of the movie, has nothing but praise about the film. Here are some of his tweets:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *