As Apple’s much-awaited iPhone 5 is expected to be announced in few hours from now, here is a quick glance at top 5 facts which follow the historic launch of iPhone 5 or the new iPhone smartphone:
– The iPhone 5 could easily sell 10 million units in its first week of sales.
– The sales figure is almost double than what Apple sold its iPhone 4S phones in the first week of its launch in October last year.
– The quarterly sales figure of the upcoming iPhone 5 will be around 26 million units in the last quarter of 2012. This is 3 million more than what the Wall Street’s estimate is.
– The sale of iPhone 5 may boost the GDP of the United States by 0.5 percent, another JP Morgan estimate predicted. If that is the case, then the worst hit will be its former supplier Samsung whose orders from Apple have shrunk.
– The Wall Street Journal reports that the new iPhone will be equipped with 4G LTE, and the crippled Samsung over its lost lawsuit last month is gearing up to file a patent suit in the courts as soon as the new iPhone is unveiled.